Review: could Vitamin b6 cause Frequent bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Vitamin b6, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,619 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b6 from FDA and social media. Among them, 179 have Frequent bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Frequent bowel movements >>>
Vitamin b6 has active ingredients of pyridoxine. It is often used in energy increased. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b6 2,741 users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Frequent bowel movements 139,164 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,617 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b6. Among them, 134 people (5.12%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Vitamin b6 when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||80.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Frequent bowel movements||55.88%||44.12% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.89%||6.60%||11.32%||25.47%||54.72% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b6 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 8.96%)
- Hiv infection (11 people, 8.21%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 5.97%)
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 5.22%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 4.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (22 people, 16.42%)
- Vitamin e (20 people, 14.93%)
- Ascorbic acid (20 people, 14.93%)
- Vitamin b-12 (16 people, 11.94%)
- Velcade (15 people, 11.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent Bowel Movements while taking Vitamin B6?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Frequent Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6
- support group for people who have Frequent Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Diarrhea, and takes Aloe Vera Gel)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Diarrhea, and takes Coumadin)
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is the gardasil vaccine safe for people with connective tissue disorders? does anyone else with a cd or other autoimmune disease have reservations?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Mild Unspecified Connective Tissue Disorder, and takes Probiotics, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6)
My daughter gets awful body aches that last for a week whenever she gets a virus that quickly resolves itself in the rest of the family. Outdoor temps/cold snaps appear to sometimes trigger the response. She has tested negative for Lyme, JRA and a host of other conditions. She just started acupunctu ...
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
More questions for: Vitamin b6, Frequent bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Fatigue, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea, Impaired Healing, Liver Pain, Diarrhea, Hair Thinning, Liver Pain, Skin Atrophy, and takes Isoniazid)
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b6, Frequent bowel movements
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
More related studies for: Vitamin b6, Frequent bowel movements
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.