Review: could Vitamin b6 cause Muscular weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscular weakness is found among people who take Vitamin b6, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,626 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b6 from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Muscular weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscular weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Muscular weakness >>>
Vitamin b6 has active ingredients of pyridoxine. It is often used in energy increased. (latest outcomes from 2,748 Vitamin b6 users)
Muscular weakness (muscle weakness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 180,512 Muscular weakness patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 2,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b6. Among them, 186 people (7.09%) have Muscular Weakness.
Time on Vitamin b6 when people have Muscular weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||57.36%||42.64% |
Age of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.59%||2.94%||5.88%||18.24%||22.35%||50.00% |
Severity of Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||50.00%||33.33%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Muscular weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 8.60%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 7.53%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.91%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 5.38%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 5.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (46 people, 24.73%)
- Folic acid (46 people, 24.73%)
- Vitamin e (36 people, 19.35%)
- Vitamin b-12 (36 people, 19.35%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 16.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscular Weakness while taking Vitamin B6?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Muscular Weakness
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6
- support group for people who have Muscular weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, B-12, Flaxseed Oil, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lyrica, Metformin, Gemfibrozil, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 68-year old man with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Oil, Hypertension, Diabetes Insipidus. The patient has Dizziness, Difficulty In Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Lipitor, Ramipril for a 67-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fatigue, Stomach Discomfort, Muscle Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Overweight, Depression. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Muscle Fatigue, Dizziness Postural
Recent Vitamin b6 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.