Review: could Vitamin b6 cause Muscular weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscular weakness is found among people who take Vitamin b6, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,619 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b6 from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Muscular weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscular weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Muscular weakness >>>
Vitamin b6 has active ingredients of pyridoxine. It is often used in energy increased. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b6 2,741 users)
Muscular weakness (muscle weakness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Muscular weakness 180,389 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 2,619 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b6. Among them, 186 people (7.10%) have Muscular Weakness.
Time on Vitamin b6 when people have Muscular weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||57.36%||42.64% |
Age of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.59%||2.94%||5.88%||18.24%||22.35%||50.00% |
Severity of Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||50.00%||33.33%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Muscular weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 8.60%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 7.53%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.91%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 5.38%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 5.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (46 people, 24.73%)
- Folic acid (46 people, 24.73%)
- Vitamin e (36 people, 19.35%)
- Vitamin b-12 (36 people, 19.35%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 16.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscular Weakness while taking Vitamin B6?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6 and have Muscular Weakness
- support group for people who take Vitamin b6
- support group for people who have Muscular Weakness
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
- Asclera injection in both legs can it cause weakness sluggish and sleepy ?
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, and takes Asclera)
I had asclera into my legs 5/21/14 and about 30 mins after procedure started feeling dizzy..light headed very sleepy and general weakness i came home and fell asleep for a good 40 mins but started shivering with the covers on im still shivering and very very sleepy
- Does anyone else continue to have all over body pain 3 years after taking lupron depot for endometriosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen, Fatigue, Weakness, Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness, Fibromyalgia, Bladder Discomfort)
I had 9 injections of lupron after a partial hysterectomy. Ever since then my body has never been the same. I continue, 3 years later suffering from weakness. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse and after 2 and 1/2 years I was forced to file for disability.
More questions for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, Left Side Weakness, Dr Is Trying To Figure Out Why, and takes Mestinon)
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin E, Maxalt, Esomeprazole Sodium, Inderal, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Skin Lesion, Migraine - Classic, Hernia - Hiatal, Hypertension, Middle Insomnia. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Nausea, Dizziness
Comments: The dizziness comes by episodes: 2 of one week each, at an interval of 3 years
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a patient with DVT. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Comments: Have been on xarelto for 7 months. After 3rd month noticed changes in my body. Increased lower back pain. Loss of muscle in my body, legs back arms. Weakness in my legs and arms
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Pulse, Weakness
Comments: can no longer walk up steep hills since starting atnolol 50mg. Pulse dropped from 55bp to 42 bpm
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
More related studies for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.