Review: could Vitamin b6 cause Muscular weakness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,596 people who take Vitamin b6. Among them, 185 have Muscular weakness. See who they are, when they have Muscular weakness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin b6 (latest outcomes from 2,722 users) has active ingredients of pyridoxine. It is often used in energy increased. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin b6 include weakness, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, fever.
Muscular weakness (muscle weakness) (latest reports from 1,310,143 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b6. Among them, 185 people (7.13%) have Muscular Weakness.
Time on Vitamin b6 when people have Muscular weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||57.14%||42.86% |
Age of people who have Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 * :
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.59%||2.96%||5.33%||18.34%||22.49%||50.30% |
Severity of Muscular weakness when taking Vitamin b6 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Muscular weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 8.65%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 7.57%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.95%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 5.41%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (46 people, 24.86%)
- Aspirin (46 people, 24.86%)
- Vitamin e (36 people, 19.46%)
- Vitamin b-12 (36 people, 19.46%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is often used for energy increased. Find out below the conditions Vitamin B6 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin B6 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin b6 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin b6 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Do you know medications for chronic fatigue syndrome
Acromegaly since 2008, hypothyroidism since 45 years old, high cholesterol in blood, sadness because of my son diseases (venous thrombosis at 15, chron's disease at 16, ADHD since 4 years old, now he is 29 and does not work or study).
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- I want to know what causes my asthenia
since 2012 I don`t feel like going out of home, except when I am obliged to go to work. It is getting worse.
More questions for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Vitamin b6, Muscular weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.