Review: could Vitamin c cause Henoch-schonlein purpura?
Summary: there is no Henoch-schonlein purpura reported by people who take Vitamin c yet.
We study 1,143 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Henoch-schonlein purpura and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Henoch-schonlein purpura >>>
Vitamin c has active ingredients of L-ascorbic acid. It is often used in immune enhancement therapy. (latest outcomes from Vitamin c 1,513 users)
Henoch-schonlein purpura (inflammation of the blood vessels in the skin and other body organs) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes.(latest reports from Henoch-schonlein purpura 1,966 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Henoch-schonlein Purpura while taking Vitamin C?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin c
- support group for people who have Henoch-schonlein Purpura
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it possible for me to stop taking advair without getting short of breath (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Vitamin C)
I take these meds everyday the singulair I take one a day and the Advair I take twice a day. I take vitamin C on occasions. I do not feel bad but there are times when I have bad indegestion. Also my face is getting very round and I would like to know why? Is there any way I can maybe stop taking the ...
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
(Asked by a 12 year old girl who has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Ecthyma, and takes Cephalexin, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Prednisone)
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia when taking levothyroxine?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vitamin C, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Calcium D - Glucarate, Garcinia Cambogia)
I want to lose 30 pounds by adding garcinia cambogia to my daily intake.
- Are cannibinoids / cbd a suitable treatment for neurosarcoidosis instead of prednisone?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Neurosarcoidosis, and takes Prednisone, Meloxicam, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12)
I am a 47 year old white male. 1 year ago I started to feel tingling in fingertips, which evolved into numbness, and spread up both arms and feet / legs. An MRI showed significant inflammation of cervical spinal cord. Monitoring and some treatments for most of the year to determine cause. Positi ...
More questions for: Vitamin c, Henoch-schonlein purpura
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
More reviews for: Vitamin c, Henoch-schonlein purpura
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin C, Omeprazole, Multivitamin, Clonazepam for a patient with Health, Gerd, Panic Attacks. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Aches And Pains In Bones, Tiredness, Head Discomfort, Pain In Jaw, Nausea
Comments: After tapering off the clonazepam I started to feel this way 2 days later. I also had mild sleep interruption and dripping in my throat. I am currently back on the clonazepam to taper off more. Symptoms are worsening.
More related studies for: Vitamin c, Henoch-schonlein purpura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.