Review: could Vitamin c cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Vitamin c, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Vitamin e, and have Pain.
We study 1,143 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Itching >>>
Vitamin c has active ingredients of L-ascorbic acid. It is often used in immune enhancement therapy. (latest outcomes from Vitamin c 1,513 users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c. Among them, 25 people (2.19%) have Itching.
Time on Vitamin c when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Vitamin c * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Vitamin c * :
Severity of Itching when taking Vitamin c ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 8.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 8.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 8.00%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 8.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (15 people, 60.00%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 28.00%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 24.00%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 20.00%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Vitamin C?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Itching
- support group for people who take Vitamin c
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- Is it possible for me to stop taking advair without getting short of breath (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Vitamin C)
I take these meds everyday the singulair I take one a day and the Advair I take twice a day. I take vitamin C on occasions. I do not feel bad but there are times when I have bad indegestion. Also my face is getting very round and I would like to know why? Is there any way I can maybe stop taking the ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
More questions for: Vitamin c, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
More reviews for: Vitamin c, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of side effects of Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a patient with Itching. The patient has Itching
Comments: my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
More related studies for: Vitamin c, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.