Review: could Vitamin c cause Knee swelling (Joint swelling)?
Summary: Knee swelling is found among people who take Vitamin c, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Migraine.
We study 1,143 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Knee swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Knee swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Knee swelling >>>
Vitamin c has active ingredients of L-ascorbic acid. It is often used in immune enhancement therapy. (latest outcomes from Vitamin c 1,513 users)
Knee swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Knee swelling 23,885 patients)
On Nov, 23, 2014: 1,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c. Among them, 6 people (0.53%) have Knee Swelling.
Time on Vitamin c when people have Knee swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Knee swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Knee swelling when taking Vitamin c * :
|Knee swelling||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Knee swelling when taking Vitamin c * :
|Knee swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Knee swelling when taking Vitamin c ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Knee swelling||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Knee swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Knee swelling||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pseudomonas infection (1 people, 16.67%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (3 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin e (3 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin a (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Knee Swelling while taking Vitamin C?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Knee Swelling
- support group for people who take Vitamin c
- support group for people who have Knee Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it possible for me to stop taking advair without getting short of breath (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Vitamin C)
I take these meds everyday the singulair I take one a day and the Advair I take twice a day. I take vitamin C on occasions. I do not feel bad but there are times when I have bad indegestion. Also my face is getting very round and I would like to know why? Is there any way I can maybe stop taking the ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia when taking levothyroxine?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vitamin C, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Calcium D - Glucarate, Garcinia Cambogia)
I want to lose 30 pounds by adding garcinia cambogia to my daily intake.
- Are cannibinoids / cbd a suitable treatment for neurosarcoidosis instead of prednisone?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Neurosarcoidosis, and takes Prednisone, Meloxicam, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12)
I am a 47 year old white male. 1 year ago I started to feel tingling in fingertips, which evolved into numbness, and spread up both arms and feet / legs. An MRI showed significant inflammation of cervical spinal cord. Monitoring and some treatments for most of the year to determine cause. Positi ...
- Can using coq10 whilst on blood pressure meds (ibersartan) cause anxiety and panic attack symptoms
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Irbesartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Krill Oil, Kelp, Ubiquinol, Vitamin C)
Since commencing use of Ubiquinol (COQ10) over 2 months ago, anxiety and panic attack symptoms (racing heart, irregular breathing) have occurred for the first time. I am also on approval blood pressure medication and blood pressure has been well controlled for over 7 years. I now noted that the COQ1 ...
More questions for: Vitamin c, Knee swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Finasteride and knee swelling
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Knee Swelling, and takes Finasteride)
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Vitamin c, Knee swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
More related studies for: Vitamin c, Knee swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.