Home > Vitamin c > Tinnitus > Vitamin c and Tinnitus
Review: could Vitamin c cause Tinnitus?
We study 1,141 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Tinnitus >>>
Vitamin c (latest outcomes from 1,503 users) has active ingredients of L-ascorbic acid. It is often used in health.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c. Among them, 19 people (1.68%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Vitamin c when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Vitamin c * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Vitamin c * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Vitamin c ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (2 people, 10.53%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 10.53%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 10.53%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (7 people, 36.84%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 26.32%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 26.32%)
- Multivitamin (4 people, 21.05%)
- Biotin (3 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Vitamin C?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Vitamin c
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
History of Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney stones, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, pituitary cyst, hypogodasm
From this study (8 months ago):
History of Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney stones, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, pituitary cyst, hypogodasim
From this study (10 months ago):
I'm trying to find out what is causing the ringing in my ears. A few weeks ago I was told I have high blood pressure and I now take hydrochlorothiazide BUT I had the ringing before I was told when I was not taking hydrochlorothiazide.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can a failed lap nissan cause tinnitus
Can a failed lap Nissan cause tinnitus. I have one and I noticed that I no longer have the huge amount of flatulence that I used to - I seem to have an air dynamic that is "off" in my body/head and it is causing tinnitus in one ear. Can this be possible?
More questions for: Vitamin c, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
More reviews for: Vitamin c, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) is often used for health. Find out below the conditions Vitamin C is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin C used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (18 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (42 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored