Review: could Vitamin c cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Vitamin c, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vitamin e, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 1,163 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Vertigo >>>
Vitamin c has active ingredients of L-ascorbic acid. It is often used in immune enhancement therapy. (latest outcomes from 1,536 Vitamin c users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,812 Vertigo patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 1,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c. Among them, 38 people (3.29%) have Vertigo.
Time on Vitamin c when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Vitamin c * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Vitamin c * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Vitamin c ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 23.68%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 10.53%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (4 people, 10.53%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 7.89%)
- Depression (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (12 people, 31.58%)
- Vitamin d (11 people, 28.95%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 23.68%)
- Multivitamin (8 people, 21.05%)
- Fish oil (7 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Vitamin C?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin c and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Vitamin c
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a 22-year old man with Viral Infection. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Estradiol, Mesalamine, Ultracet, Allegra for a 25-year old woman with Antibiotic Associated Colitis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Ulcerative Colitis, Sinusitis. The patient has Feeling Guilty
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Garlic, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 50-year old woman with Lumps In The Breasts, Health. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 28-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Vaginal Pain, Vertigo, Swollen Lymph Nodes (swelling of lymph nodes), Pelvic Discomfort, Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding, Vaginal Discharge, Cervical Dysplasia (abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix)
Recent Vitamin c related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin C, Alpha - Lipoic Acid for a 19-year old girl who has Na
- Comparions of Vitamin C, Provera for a 38-year old woman who has Infertility
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Aspirin, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 72-year old man who has Vitamin D Decreased
- Comparions of Vitamin C, Xarelto for a 62-year old man who has DVT
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.