Review: could Vitamin d cause Abdominal cramps?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,085 people who take Vitamin d. Among them, 19 have Abdominal cramps. See who they are, when they have Abdominal cramps and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,589 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets, vitamin d abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin d include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, dizziness, memory loss, headache.
Abdominal cramps (latest reports from 612,519 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 1,954 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 16 people (0.82%) have Abdominal Cramps.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Abdominal cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal cramps||10.00%||0.00%||30.00%||30.00%||30.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Vitamin d * :
|Abdominal cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||37.50%||0.00%||37.50% |
Severity of Abdominal cramps when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal cramps||18.18%||63.64%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 31.25%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (3 people, 18.75%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 18.75%)
- Allergic sinusitis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Acid reflux (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (4 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 18.75%)
- Calcium (3 people, 18.75%)
- Vitamin c (3 people, 18.75%)
- Vitamin b12 (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin d, Abdominal cramps
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin d side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin d drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Onset of symptoms started after commencing Gemzar treatment and has increased with treatment.
From this study (1 month ago):
Been going on for about 1 week. No insurance so I can't go to doctor right now. Did recently recover from strep throat, by using Amoxicillin. I also drank grapefruit juice and orange juice while sick, while taking all above medications. Any suggestions?
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How to get relief from sphincter of odi disfunction
I have been diagnosed with SOD for 18 months and am trying to get relief without surgery,Can someone give me some tips on how to relieve the pain.Did any one take any medication which helped .I am thinking of asking for muscle relaxation medication.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
More questions for: Vitamin d, Abdominal cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Abdominal cramps
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ubiquinol, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, Losartan Potassium, Gemzar for a patient with Noni, Proteus Infection, Hypertension - Essential, Adenocarcinoma Pancreas. The patient has Prickly Feeling On Abdomen, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant, Lisinopril for a patient with Vitamin D, Energy Increased, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety And Stress, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Dehydration, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Migraine - Classic (Migraine with aura), Diarrhea, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Abdominal cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.