Review: could Vitamin d cause Ankle swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)?
Summary: Ankle swelling is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Ankle swelling >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Ankle swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,440 Ankle swelling patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 33 people (1.41%) have Ankle Swelling.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ankle swelling||3.12%||25.00%||12.50%||28.12%||28.12%||3.12%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ankle swelling when taking Vitamin d * :
|Ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||24.24%||36.36%||33.33% |
Severity of Ankle swelling when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ankle swelling||3.03%||63.64%||27.27%||6.06% |
How people recovered from Ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ankle swelling||3.57%||14.29%||82.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (7 people, 21.21%)
- Depression (6 people, 18.18%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 15.15%)
- Acid reflux (5 people, 15.15%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 15.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 30.30%)
- Furosemide (8 people, 24.24%)
- Gabapentin (5 people, 15.15%)
- Multivitamin (5 people, 15.15%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and ankle swelling on
Do you have Ankle Swelling while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Ankle Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.