Review: could Vitamin d cause Arrhythmia (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Arrhythmia is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Arrhythmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arrhythmia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Arrhythmia >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,179 Vitamin d users)
Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, depression, diabetes. (latest reports from 53,563 Arrhythmia patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 14 people (0.59%) have Arrhythmia.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Arrhythmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Arrhythmia when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arrhythmia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (7 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (5 people, 35.71%)
- Arrhythmia (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hyperlipidemia (2 people, 14.29%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (5 people, 35.71%)
- Calcium (4 people, 28.57%)
- Multivitamin (4 people, 28.57%)
- B complex vitamin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and arrhythmia on
Do you have Arrhythmia while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Arrhythmia
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Arrhythmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Cellcept for a 41-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidaemia, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Bilirubin
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vasotec, Crestor for a 52-year old man with IgA Deficiency, Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.