Home > Vitamin d > Constipation > Vitamin d and Constipation
Review: could Vitamin d cause Constipation?
We study 2,195 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Constipation >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,971 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 2,110 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 37 people (1.75%) have Constipation.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 27.03%)
- Constipation (5 people, 13.51%)
- Gerd (5 people, 13.51%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 10.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (8 people, 21.62%)
- Omeprazole (5 people, 13.51%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 10.81%)
- Calcium (4 people, 10.81%)
- Ambien (4 people, 10.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Vitamin D?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Constant severe bouts of Cyclic Vomiting leave me confused, hostile, underweight, depressed and anxious. No meds seem to help... Exhausted and uncertain about the future.
Harmony2 on Sep, 26, 2014:
My daughter experience the same set of symptoms every time she has an attack. We have found some things that would help, many things to avoid, and some things that are triggers. Contact us with any questions you have and we will do our best to help you.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin d, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab
- Urachal Abnormality
- Breast Enlargement