Review: could Vitamin d cause Difficulty breathing?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,085 people who take Vitamin d. Among them, 38 have Difficulty breathing. See who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,589 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets, vitamin d abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin d include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, dizziness, memory loss, headache.
Difficulty breathing (latest reports from 1,326,438 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 2,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 38 people (1.82%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||5.56%||38.89%||11.11%||33.33%||5.56%||5.56%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Vitamin d * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||2.70%||10.81%||32.43%||51.35% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||5.56%||77.78%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 31.58%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 15.79%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (5 people, 13.16%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 13.16%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (5 people, 13.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (11 people, 28.95%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 23.68%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lyrica (7 people, 18.42%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin d, Difficulty breathing
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin d side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin d drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Hemoglobin level was 7.4 in September, now at 8.6. Had gastric bypass in 2002, with no previous anemia issues.
From this study (4 months ago):
I have never been in very good shape. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with afib. I have not felt like doing very much because of it. At one time I was able to walk about 1 to 1.5 miles and lost 35 lbs. doing that and cutting back on my food. Now I have gained it all back plus some and can't even walk around the block. My cerebellar ataxia causes poor balance and when I get tired it is worse. I feel like I am stuck because I need to exercise but I can't seem to get any stronger to build up my tolerance. All my medical conditions combined with the meds I have to take seem to be working against me.
From this study (6 months ago):
Itching all over. Bumpy, itchy rash on trunk worsening - not responding to hydrocortisone creams, Vanos, oral steroids (no longer taking).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin d, Difficulty breathing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Difficulty breathing
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Cymbalta, Seroquel, Lamictal for a patient with Pain Trauma Activated, Aat Deficiency, Depression, Insomnia, Bipolar 1. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Weakness, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Calcium Citrate, Omeprazole, Xarelto, Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Multaq, Atenolol, Atenolol, Atenolol for a patient with Cerebellar Ataxia, Insomnia, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Barrett's Esophagus, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Depression, Tachycardia, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Hypertension. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension, Weakness, Obesity, Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (Sleep apnea), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Spinocerebellar Ataxia, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Cialis, Aspirin, Glumetza, Lipitor, Hydrochlorothiazide, Testosterone Enanthate, Prilosec, Bydureon, Lotrel, Slo-Niacin, Bystolic, Brilinta for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin B12 Decreased, Bph, Coronary Angioplasty, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Hypogonadism Male, Gerd, Mineral Supplementation, Coronary Artery Angioplasty. The patient has Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Eczema, Itching
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Difficulty breathing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.