Review: could Vitamin d cause Double vision (Diplopia)?
Summary: Double vision is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Double vision. Find out below who they are, when they have Double vision and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Double vision >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Double vision (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 12,308 Double vision patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 4 people (0.17%) have Double Vision.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Double vision * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Double vision when taking Vitamin d * :
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Double vision when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Double vision||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Double vision ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nerve injury (1 people, 25.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol sulate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lumigan (1 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (1 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Calcium (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and double vision on
Do you have Double Vision while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Double Vision
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Double Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Vitamin D, Turmeric, Telmisartan for a 71-year old man with N/a, Bone Disorder, Hbp.
- A study of side effects of Vitamin D for a 58-year old man with Vitamin B-12 Level. The patient has Chills In The Middle Of The Night
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Paracetamol, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 95-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Lack Of Energy, Pain, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old woman with Iron Deficiency Anemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Myalgia
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.