Review: could Vitamin d cause Enlarged spleen (Splenomegaly)?
Summary: Enlarged spleen is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Enlarged spleen. Find out below who they are, when they have Enlarged spleen and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Enlarged spleen >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Enlarged spleen (enlargement of spleen) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 6,147 Enlarged spleen patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 2,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 2 people (0.09%) have Enlarged Spleen.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Enlarged spleen * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Enlarged spleen||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Enlarged spleen when taking Vitamin d * :
|Enlarged spleen||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Enlarged spleen when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Enlarged spleen||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Enlarged spleen ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Enlarged spleen||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Autoimmune hepatitis (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Prograf (1 people, 50.00%)
- Calcium with vitamin d (1 people, 50.00%)
- Provigil (1 people, 50.00%)
- Triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Enlarged Spleen while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Enlarged Spleen
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Enlarged Spleen
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.