Review: could Vitamin d cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Calcium, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Fluid retention >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,179 Vitamin d users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,467 Fluid retention patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 13 people (0.55%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||44.44%||22.22%||11.11%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Vitamin d * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||30.77%||38.46%||23.08% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (4 people, 30.77%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 30.77%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (4 people, 30.77%)
- Depression (3 people, 23.08%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (3 people, 23.08%)
- Prozac (3 people, 23.08%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 23.08%)
- Vitamin b12 (2 people, 15.38%)
- Keppra (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and fluid retention on
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.