Review: could Vitamin d cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Calcium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 34 people (1.45%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||16.00%||12.00%||24.00%||20.00%||24.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Vitamin d * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.38%||28.12%||12.50%||25.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||12.00%||60.00%||24.00%||4.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||8.33%||0.00%||91.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (7 people, 20.59%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 11.76%)
- Depression (4 people, 11.76%)
- Gerd (4 people, 11.76%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (8 people, 23.53%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 14.71%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 11.76%)
- Multivitamin (4 people, 11.76%)
- Synthroid (4 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 38-year old woman with Motion Sickness. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Vomiting Of Medication, Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Elmiron for a 8-year old girl with Interstitial Cystitis (IC). The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Bloodpreasure, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.