Review: could Vitamin d cause Loss of balance (Dizziness)?
Summary: Loss of balance is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Multivitamin, and have Depression.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 106 have Loss of balance. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of balance and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Loss of balance >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Loss of balance
Loss of balance has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 161,995 Loss of balance patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 106 people (4.53%) have Loss Of Balance.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Loss of balance * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of balance||10.23%||27.27%||13.64%||18.18%||20.45%||10.23%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of balance when taking Vitamin d * :
|Loss of balance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||10.48%||25.71%||28.57%||32.38% |
Severity of Loss of balance when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of balance||17.89%||57.89%||20.00%||4.21% |
How people recovered from Loss of balance ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of balance||0.00%||4.92%||95.08% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (21 people, 19.81%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (17 people, 16.04%)
- Hypothyroidism (16 people, 15.09%)
- High blood pressure (14 people, 13.21%)
- High blood cholesterol (12 people, 11.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (19 people, 17.92%)
- Fish oil (18 people, 16.98%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 16.04%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (14 people, 13.21%)
- Vitamin c (13 people, 12.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and loss of balance on
Do you have Loss Of Balance while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Loss Of Balance
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Loss Of Balance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a 22-year old man with Viral Infection. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 28-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Vaginal Pain, Vertigo, Swollen Lymph Nodes (swelling of lymph nodes), Pelvic Discomfort, Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding, Vaginal Discharge, Cervical Dysplasia (abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix)
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.