Review: could Vitamin d cause Loss of taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Loss of taste is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Loss of taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of taste and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Loss of taste >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Loss of taste
Loss of taste has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,313 Loss of taste patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 7 people (0.30%) have Loss Of Taste.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Loss of taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of taste||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of taste when taking Vitamin d * :
|Loss of taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||42.86%||28.57%||28.57% |
Severity of Loss of taste when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of taste||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Loss of taste ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of taste||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 28.57%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Indigestion (1 people, 14.29%)
- Heart rate increased (1 people, 14.29%)
- Dry skin (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Biotin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 28.57%)
- Lovastatin (1 people, 14.29%)
- Gabapentin (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and loss of taste on
Do you have Loss Of Taste while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Loss Of Taste
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Loss Of Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol for a 22-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.