Review: could Vitamin d cause Lumbar spinal stenosis?
Summary: Lumbar spinal stenosis is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Lumbar spinal stenosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Lumbar spinal stenosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Lumbar spinal stenosis >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,173 Vitamin d users)
Lumbar spinal stenosis
Lumbar spinal stenosis (a medical condition in which the spinal canal narrows and compresses the spinal cord and nerves at the level of the lumbar bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 3,248 Lumbar spinal stenosis patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 3 people (0.13%) have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Lumbar spinal stenosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lumbar spinal stenosis when taking Vitamin d * :
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Lumbar spinal stenosis when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lumbar spinal stenosis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lumbar spinal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 66.67%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 66.67%)
- Restasis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ativan (1 people, 33.33%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.