Review: could Vitamin d cause Mental status changes?
Summary: Mental status changes is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,300 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Mental status changes. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental status changes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Mental status changes >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,126 Vitamin d users)
Mental status changes
Mental status changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 14,041 Mental status changes patients)
On Feb, 21, 2015: 2,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 2 people (0.09%) have Mental Status Changes.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Mental status changes * :
Age of people who have Mental status changes when taking Vitamin d * :
|Mental status changes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mental status changes when taking Vitamin d ** :
How people recovered from Mental status changes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ovarian cancer (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benadryl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lorazepam (2 people, 100.00%)
- Carboplatin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mental Status Changes while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Mental Status Changes
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Mental Status Changes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Certirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Losartan, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 34-year old woman with Allergies, Deficiancy, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Branched - Chain Amino Acids, Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Beta Glucans, Glucosamine Sulfate, Flaxseed Oil, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Boswellin Serrata Resin, CoQ10, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Indian Tumeric, Vitamin D, Pravastatin Sodium, Flonase, Asmanex Twisthaler, Losartan Potassium for a 67-year old man with Joint Pain, Antioxidant Therapy, Joint Stiffness, Pain - Joints, Inflammation Localised, Vitamin D Decreased, High Ldl-p, Asthma, Hbp. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Lunesta for a 65-year old woman with Low Egfr, Insomnia. The patient has Thyroiditis Subacute, Insomnia
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.