Review: could Vitamin d cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nasonex, and have Depression.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Neck stiffness >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,179 Vitamin d users)
Neck stiffness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,475 Neck stiffness patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 29 people (1.22%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||4.17%||25.00%||20.83%||25.00%||20.83%||0.00%||4.17% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Vitamin d * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.41%||14.81%||33.33%||29.63%||14.81% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||8.33%||45.83%||33.33%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck stiffness||5.00%||5.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (6 people, 20.69%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (4 people, 13.79%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 10.34%)
- Vitamin d decreased (3 people, 10.34%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 10.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nasonex (4 people, 13.79%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 13.79%)
- Melatonin (4 people, 13.79%)
- Nexium (4 people, 13.79%)
- Zomig (4 people, 13.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and neck stiffness on
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Omega 3, Ocusert Pilo-20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 59-year old woman with Vitamin D Deficiency, Fibromyalgia, Dry Eyes, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Cellcept for a 41-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidaemia, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Bilirubin
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vasotec, Crestor for a 52-year old man with IgA Deficiency, Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.