Review: could Vitamin d cause Neck stiffness (Neck pain)?
Summary: Neck stiffness is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nasonex, and have Depression.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Neck stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Neck stiffness >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Neck stiffness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,458 Neck stiffness patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 29 people (1.24%) have Neck Stiffness.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Neck stiffness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck stiffness||4.17%||25.00%||20.83%||25.00%||20.83%||0.00%||4.17% |
Age of people who have Neck stiffness when taking Vitamin d * :
|Neck stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.41%||14.81%||33.33%||29.63%||14.81% |
Severity of Neck stiffness when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck stiffness||8.33%||45.83%||33.33%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Neck stiffness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck stiffness||5.00%||5.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (6 people, 20.69%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (4 people, 13.79%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 10.34%)
- Vitamin d decreased (3 people, 10.34%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 10.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nasonex (4 people, 13.79%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 13.79%)
- Melatonin (4 people, 13.79%)
- Nexium (4 people, 13.79%)
- Zomig (4 people, 13.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and neck stiffness on
Do you have Neck Stiffness while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Neck Stiffness
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Neck Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vitamin D for a 64-year old man with Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.