Review: could Vitamin d cause Pain in jaw?
Summary: Pain in jaw is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Calcium, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Pain in jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Pain in jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Pain in jaw >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,173 Vitamin d users)
Pain in jaw
Pain in jaw has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, pain. (latest reports from 13,133 Pain in jaw patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 14 people (0.60%) have Pain In Jaw.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Pain in jaw * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pain in jaw||25.00%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pain in jaw when taking Vitamin d * :
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||7.14%||14.29%||71.43% |
Severity of Pain in jaw when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||57.14%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pain in jaw ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Pain in jaw||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 21.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 21.43%)
- Metastases to bone (3 people, 21.43%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (4 people, 28.57%)
- Prilosec (3 people, 21.43%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Reclast (3 people, 21.43%)
- Atenolol (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and pain in jaw on
Do you have Pain In Jaw while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Pain In Jaw
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Pain In Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Singulair, Flonase, Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 33-year old woman with Daily Vit, Adrenal Suppression, Allergies, Contraception. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Vitamin D, Turmeric, Telmisartan for a 71-year old man with N/a, Bone Disorder, Hbp.
- A study of side effects of Vitamin D for a 58-year old man with Vitamin B-12 Level. The patient has Chills In The Middle Of The Night
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Paracetamol, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 95-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Lack Of Energy, Pain, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.