Review: could Vitamin d cause Paranoia?
Summary: Paranoia is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Paranoia. Find out below who they are, when they have Paranoia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Paranoia >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 11,067 Paranoia patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 5 people (0.21%) have Paranoia.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Paranoia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Paranoia when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Paranoia when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Paranoia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 40.00%)
- Vitamin d (1 people, 20.00%)
- Heart disease (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan (2 people, 40.00%)
- Vitamin b12 (1 people, 20.00%)
- Coq10 (1 people, 20.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 20.00%)
- Nuvigil (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
David (4 years ago):
I've been taking Ergocalcifferol for almost three months now... Since then I've noticed I have become EXTREMELY paranoid! I always end up getting the really rare side effects... Going to ask my dr about it and double check my vitamin D levels this coming week. But as soon as I started the medication, so did the paranoia!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paranoia while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Paranoia
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Paranoia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 29-year old man with Bipolar 1. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
- A study of side effects of Endep for a 65-year old man with Depression. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.