Review: could Vitamin d cause Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma))?
Summary: Scleroderma is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Scleroderma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Scleroderma >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,179 Vitamin d users)
Scleroderma (hard skin) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,580 Scleroderma patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 1 people (0.04%) has Scleroderma.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Scleroderma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Scleroderma when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Scleroderma when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Scleroderma ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gerd (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 100.00%)
- Raynaud's phenomenon (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (1 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Amlodipine besylate; benazepril hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Baby aspirin (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and scleroderma on
Do you have Scleroderma while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Scleroderma
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Scleroderma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginger Root, Vitamin D, Lutein, Ginkgo Biloba, Prilosec, Saw Palmetto, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Flomax, Zocor for a 63-year old man with Health, Memory Aids, Acid Reflux, Antioxidant Therapy, Immune System Disorder, Joint Aches, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Premenstrual Tenderness And Swelling Of The Breasts, Best Hurting
- A study of drug interactions between Premarin, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman with Menopause, Bone And Joint Pain, Vitamin D Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Feeling Hot And Cold, Numbness And Tingling, Leg Pain, Headache, Ringing In The Ears, Loss Of Coordination, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Lisinopril for a 70-year old woman with Vitamin D Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Cough, Yawning
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.