Home > Vitamin d > Stomach pain > Vitamin d and Stomach pain
Review: could Vitamin d cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin b12, and have Depression.
We study 2,195 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stomach pain >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,985 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 621,171 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 2,195 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 24 people (1.09%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||5.56%||33.33%||16.67%||16.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Vitamin d * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||20.83%||33.33%||4.17%||29.17% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||10.53%||63.16%||21.05%||5.26% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 29.17%)
- Birth control (4 people, 16.67%)
- Allergic sinusitis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.67%)
- Vitamin d decreased (4 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 (6 people, 25.00%)
- Nuvaring (4 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (4 people, 16.67%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Can emphysema be diagnosed by chest xray only?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Emphysema, and takes Vitamin D)
Just wonder, in 2013 chest xray showed enlarged lungs. 2014 chest xray showed emphysema per Doctor. Advised to quit smoking. Any further tests required to confirm or xray enough?
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
More questions for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Gastritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I just failed a UA test, testing positive for THC. I have been taking 40mg of Omeprazone for the last 3 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: have been feeling stomach pain and soft to diareah. sometimes color orange or beige
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Cobalamin, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Prednisone for a patient with Methotrexate Use, Pernicious Anemia, Steroid Use, Gerd, Boop. The patient has
Comments: Also take Vitamin D, Actonel,Calcium, B-12, Folic acid
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.