Review: could Vitamin d cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin b12, and have Depression.
We study 2,214 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stomach pain >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from Vitamin d 4,023 users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Stomach pain 76,969 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 2,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 24 people (1.08%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||5.56%||33.33%||16.67%||16.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Vitamin d * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||20.83%||33.33%||4.17%||29.17% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||10.53%||63.16%||21.05%||5.26% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 29.17%)
- Birth control (4 people, 16.67%)
- Allergic sinusitis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.67%)
- Vitamin d decreased (4 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 (6 people, 25.00%)
- Nuvaring (4 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (4 people, 16.67%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported anywhere else; have other people noticed this effect?
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients have. Appears to affect the upper teeth.
Crohns diagnosed at the age of 39. Moderate to severe.
Dentists state the problem is the use of prednisone and having Crohn.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stopped taking the chantix and the headaches gradually came back but it took me awhile to make this correlation. Once I did, I started taking the chantix again. it started working immediately... taking the migraines and neck pain away again! Now, I can take 1/2 of a pill every other day and that seems to keep the migraines away! There are side effects and I don't know if it would work for everyone but it sure worked for me!
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.