Review: could Vitamin d cause Stools - black or tarry (Bloody or tarry stools)?
Summary: Stools - black or tarry is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Stools - black or tarry. Find out below who they are, when they have Stools - black or tarry and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stools - black or tarry >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Stools - black or tarry
Stools - black or tarry (black stool) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 139 Stools - black or tarry patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 3 people (0.13%) have Stools - Black Or Tarry.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Stools - black or tarry * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stools - black or tarry||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stools - black or tarry when taking Vitamin d * :
|Stools - black or tarry||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Stools - black or tarry when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stools - black or tarry||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Stools - black or tarry ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stools - black or tarry||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 66.67%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Heart mri (1 people, 33.33%)
- Methotrexate - serum (1 people, 33.33%)
- Arthritis - psoriatic (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coq10 (1 people, 33.33%)
- Magnesium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Glucosamine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Prednisone (1 people, 33.33%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and stools - black or tarry on
Do you have Stools - Black Or Tarry while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Stools - Black Or Tarry
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Stools - Black Or Tarry
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Wellbutrin for a 58-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Stools - Black Or Tarry
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.