Review: could Vitamin d cause Stress and anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,085 people who take Vitamin d. Among them, 49 have Stress and anxiety. See who they are, when they have Stress and anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,589 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets, vitamin d abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin d include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, dizziness, memory loss, headache.
Stress and anxiety
Stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,275,702 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 11, 2014: 2,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 49 people (2.35%) have Stress And Anxiety. They amount to 0.00% of all the 1,276,537 people who have Stress And Anxiety.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Stress and anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stress and anxiety||5.88%||20.59%||8.82%||26.47%||23.53%||5.88%||8.82% |
Age of people who have Stress and anxiety when taking Vitamin d * :
|Stress and anxiety||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||17.39%||28.26%||28.26% |
Severity of Stress and anxiety when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stress and anxiety||5.41%||45.95%||43.24%||5.41% |
How people recovered from Stress and anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stress and anxiety||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (12 people, 24.49%)
- Health (9 people, 18.37%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 18.37%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (8 people, 16.33%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (10 people, 20.41%)
- Fish oil (8 people, 16.33%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 16.33%)
- Calcium (6 people, 12.24%)
- Ambien (6 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin d, Stress and anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin d side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin d drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Curious as to whether it is the PMR or the Cortisone that causes the above symptoms. My doctor monitors my sed rate monthly and it is improving each month. I have gone from the initial Cortisone dose of 40 mg. in October 2013 down to 10 mg. now in February.
From this study (1 month ago):
I have anxiety off and on especially when I lower my tranzodone. My hair started thinning this month. I don,t know if it has to do to menopause which I just started or maybe lowering my iron intake of 27 mg per day this month .
From this study (3 months ago):
Not taking meds for mental issues mental health has berm getting worse over the past few years and is now rapidly deteriorating
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin d, Stress and anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Stress and anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ambien, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Lamictal, Diazepam, Neurontin, Percocet, Fentanyl, Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Spinal Cord Injury. The patient has Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder), Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Melatonin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Zolpidem Tartrate, Doxazosin Mesylate for a patient with Heart Rate Decreased, Insomnia Concerns, Cold Sore, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Arthritis, Heart Mri, Chronic Insomnia, Blood Pressure Decreased. The patient has Anxiety And Stress (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Metoprolol Succinate, Vitamin D, Ambien, Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, Cymbalta for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Hypertension, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, Depression - Major. The patient has Menstruation Irregular, Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (Dry eyes), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Headache, Alopecia Universalis (Alopecia areata), Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (Restless leg syndrome)
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Stress and anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.