Review: could Vitamin d cause Sudden hearing loss?
Summary: Sudden hearing loss is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,370 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Sudden hearing loss >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,179 Vitamin d users)
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden hearing loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,045 Sudden hearing loss patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 2,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 3 people (0.13%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Sudden hearing loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Vitamin d * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Sudden hearing loss when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Sudden hearing loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 66.67%)
- Low thyroid (1 people, 33.33%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 33.33%)
- Preventive health care (1 people, 33.33%)
- Sleepiness - during the day (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vitamin c (2 people, 66.67%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 66.67%)
- Dyazide (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and sudden hearing loss on
Do you have Sudden Hearing Loss while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Sudden Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Lisinopril for a 70-year old woman with Vitamin D Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Cough, Yawning
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 56-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl for a 29-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Birth Control, Stress And Anxiety, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Itching, Hallucination, Visual, Muscle Twitching, Night Sweats
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.