Review: could Vitamin d cause Sudden hearing loss?
Summary: Sudden hearing loss is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin d.
We study 2,342 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Sudden hearing loss >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from 4,155 Vitamin d users)
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden Hearing Loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,041 Sudden Hearing Loss patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 2,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 3 people (0.13%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Sudden hearing loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Vitamin d * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Sudden hearing loss when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Sudden hearing loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 66.67%)
- Low thyroid (1 people, 33.33%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 33.33%)
- Preventive health care (1 people, 33.33%)
- Sleepiness - during the day (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vitamin c (2 people, 66.67%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 66.67%)
- Dyazide (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin d and sudden hearing loss on
Do you have Sudden Hearing Loss while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Sudden Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Singulair, Flonase, Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 33-year old woman with Daily Vit, Adrenal Suppression, Allergies, Contraception. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Vitamin D, Turmeric, Telmisartan for a 71-year old man with N/a, Bone Disorder, Hbp.
- A study of side effects of Vitamin D for a 58-year old man with Vitamin B-12 Level. The patient has Chills In The Middle Of The Night
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Paracetamol, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 95-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Lack Of Energy, Pain, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
Recent Vitamin d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 40-year old woman who has Entropion
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nystatin for a 70-year old woman who has Candidiasis
- Comparions of Omega 3, Amlodipine Besylate, Ergocalciferol, Oxcarbazepine for a 38-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.