Review: could Vitamin d cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Multivitamin, and have Depression.
We study 2,214 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Vertigo >>>
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from Vitamin d 4,023 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(view latest reports from 162,939 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 2,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 97 people (4.38%) have Vertigo.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (17 people, 17.53%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (16 people, 16.49%)
- Hypothyroidism (13 people, 13.40%)
- High blood pressure (13 people, 13.40%)
- High blood cholesterol (12 people, 12.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (18 people, 18.56%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 16.49%)
- Fish oil (15 people, 15.46%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (13 people, 13.40%)
- Vitamin c (13 people, 13.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Vitamin D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a little lightheadiness after 4 months of sertraline 50 mg is this normal
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Lightheadedness, and takes Sertraline)
Hi had a panic attack last fall.. Been on 50 mg sertraline Split my dosage 25mg at 6 am then the other 25 at 10 am.. Headaches have not been as bad but still a little lightheaded is this normal?
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Dizziness, and takes Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide)
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viagra)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
More questions for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
(Posted by a 73 year old woman who has Vertigo)
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zinc Sulfate, Echinacea, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens A, Valerian, Acetaminophen, Multivitamin, Baclofen, Loratadine, Simvastatin for a patient with AAT Deficiency, Health, Immune System Boost, Mood Swings From Change Of Life, Low Thyroid, Champagne Of Life, Anxiety And Stress, Bone And Joint Pain, Iga Deficiency, Muscle Spasms, Allergic Bronchitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bloody Very Loose Stool, Rectal Bleeding, Lower Abdonminal Pain, High In Pelvic Area
Comments: Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Sulfacetamide, Metrogel, Fish Oil, Biotin, Zanaflex, Zoloft for a patient with Rosacea, Just To Be Helpful, For Hair Loss And Thinning.wasnt Suggested/prescribed By Doctor., Muscle Spasms In Neck , Bulging Discs, Stenosis. Only Use Sparingly, Not Much At All., Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Hair Thinning, Loss Of Hair
Comments: *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin-750, Neurontin, Clonidine for a patient with Muscle Tightness, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Balance, Myoclonic Jerks
Comments: Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.