Review: could Vitamin d cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,085 people who take Vitamin d. Among them, 77 have Vertigo. See who they are, when they have Vertigo and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,589 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets, vitamin d abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin d include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, dizziness, memory loss, headache.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,268,236 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 2,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 77 people (3.69%) have Vertigo.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Vitamin d deficiency (13 people, 16.88%)
- Depression (12 people, 15.58%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 14.29%)
- High blood cholesterol (11 people, 14.29%)
- Anxiety (11 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (13 people, 16.88%)
- Fish oil (13 people, 16.88%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 15.58%)
- Lisinopril (12 people, 15.58%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (10 people, 12.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin d, Vertigo
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin d side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin d drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 days ago):
Vitamin D deficient. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don't want to try another statin :( because of side effects. In the meantime doc switched me from Metformin alone to glipizide w Metformin. I got my first ever hypOglycemic reading in the 70's and 90's. So now know what that feels like. But BS won't regulate. Latest problem of 2 weeks with severe bronchitis treated with z-pack, then prednisolone. (2 more days on pred) and my BS readings are staying in the 200s to near 400! I've increased the dosage by one pill while taking prednisone. Fasting bs did get down to 146, but that's the lowest. Now FIGHTING TO GET AWAKE AND STAY AWAKE. I'm shaky weak, and so weak that and feel like I am falling. Sleep attacks...hours go by...I'm scared I won't wake up, but can't stay awake.
be ware of metformin on Mar, 3, 2014:
I am a 64 yr old female who was on metformin for 10 plus yrs. I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure. One of the first things the doctor took me off was metformin. I thought it was strange, so I did research and discovered that metformin can cause death. According to the people who make metformin doctors are aware of the dangers. They even put it in black boxes. This protects them from any liability so people can not sue them. Metformin is bad news. Research your meds. And I too have bouts of vertigo. I think we are all being used as guinea pigs.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Dizziness occurs when raising head up or when bending over or upon rising from a reclining position. Dizziness began one week after starting a Welchol Oral Suspension regimen.
From this study (1 month ago):
Has seizures that will not stop w/o intervention. Er & ICU each time he has one. Aprox ever 3 month or aftera fall on head, Memory loss & confusion increase after the seizure due to seizure activity or ? meds used. Seems to lose more memory each time. Balance is poor, loss of taste since on the meds. the more meds he takes the more symptoms. Posture also worse the more he takes. If he does not take the meds he will have more seizures. No anti seizure drugs have been w/o side effects.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Problem with my kidneys??
In November, My husband had to rush me to the ER because I was having terrible pain in my left kidney area. After a CT scan, it was determined that I had 2 kidney stones trying to pass together. One was 1mm and the other was 3mm, and caused excruciating pain. So they prescribed me Flomax and I thoug ...
More questions for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Vitamin D, Plavix, Omeprazole, Zoloft, Tegretol-xr, Lamictal XR, Celebrex for a patient with Hypercholesterolemia, ?, Stroke, Acid Reflux, Stress And Anxiety, Epilipsey, Epiliptsey, Arthritis. The patient has Fear Of Falling, Loss Of Balance (Dizziness), Confusional State, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Warfarin Sodium, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc Sulfate, Biotin, Folate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Multivitamin, Emsam, Lamictal, Ativan, Buspar, Surmontil, Lipitor, Lunesta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix, Prilosec Otc, Flovent Hfa, Singulair, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a patient with Colitis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hair Loss, Vitamin D Decreased, General Physical Condition, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Depression, Hypercalcaemia, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Allergies. The patient has Dizziness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Aleve, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Baby Aspirin, Ketotifen Fumarate, Modafinil, Metformin, Simvastatin for a patient with Bronchitis Acute, Migraine Prophylaxis, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hyperlipidemia, Preventive Health Care, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hyperglycemia. The patient has Paralytic Gait, Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Slow Response To Stimuli, Word Comprehension (Mental status tests), Dizziness, Sleep Attacks, Stuporous (Consciousness - decreased), Confusion, Hyperglycaemia (Hyperglycemia), Altered State Of Consciousness
More related studies for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.