Home > Vitamin d > Vertigo > Vitamin d and Vertigo
Review: could Vitamin d cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
We study 2,110 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Vertigo >>>
Vitamin d (latest outcomes from 3,916 users) has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,295,369 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 2,110 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d. Among them, 92 people (4.36%) have Vertigo.
Time on Vitamin d when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Vitamin d * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Vitamin d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Vitamin d deficiency (15 people, 16.30%)
- Depression (15 people, 16.30%)
- High blood cholesterol (12 people, 13.04%)
- High blood pressure (12 people, 13.04%)
- Hypothyroidism (12 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (17 people, 18.48%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 17.39%)
- Fish oil (15 people, 16.30%)
- Vitamin c (13 people, 14.13%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (13 people, 14.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Vitamin D?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin d and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Vitamin d
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
using the wrong words, unable to remember words
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all at the same time about 2 weeks ago. I am under a little stress, my cousin just passed away. I am also on 30 mg's of prednisone and have been since the end of April 2014
From this study (5 months ago):
Have reduced level of Concerta about two weeks ago
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- What is causing my trigger fingers and thumbs
Trigger fingers and thumbs started in March 2014 and progressing. Worse on rest and a bit better when in use but very painful. Cholesterol is 5.6, weight is 47 kilos. In menopause for 4 years.
More questions for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d, Vertigo
On eHealthMe, Vitamin D (ergocalciferol) is often used for rickets. Find out below the conditions Vitamin D is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin D used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Vaginal Fistula
- Ill Defined Disorder
- Joint Pain