Review: could Vitamin e cause Cardiomyopathy?
Summary: Cardiomyopathy is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 16,340 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Cardiomyopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiomyopathy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy >>>
Vitamin E has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 16,519 Vitamin E users)
Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer. (latest reports from 11,247 Cardiomyopathy patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 16,340 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 59 people (0.36%) have Cardiomyopathy.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Cardiomyopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Age of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Severity of Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cardiomyopathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (8 people, 13.56%)
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 10.17%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 6.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 6.78%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 6.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (18 people, 30.51%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 27.12%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 20.34%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 18.64%)
- Calcium (11 people, 18.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin e and cardiomyopathy on
Do you have Cardiomyopathy while taking Vitamin E?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Cardiomyopathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Lysine, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Fish Oil, Garlic, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Lipitor, Ambien, Celexa, Keppra for a 65-year old man with General Physical Condition, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleepy, Depression, Seizures. The patient has Seizure - Generalized
Recent Vitamin e related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Metoprolol Succinate for a 58-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Allegra, Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Magnesium Malate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ubiquinol for a 45-year old man who has Shoulder Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.