Home > Vitamin e > Cardiomyopathy > Vitamin e and Cardiomyopathy
Review: could Vitamin e cause Cardiomyopathy?
Summary: Cardiomyopathy is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 16,323 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Cardiomyopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiomyopathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy >>>
Vitamin e (latest outcomes from 16,498 users) has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in fibrocystic breast disease.
Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle) (latest reports from 74,751 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 16,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 59 people (0.36%) have Cardiomyopathy.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Cardiomyopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Age of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Severity of Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cardiomyopathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (8 people, 13.56%)
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 10.17%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 6.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 6.78%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 6.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (18 people, 30.51%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 27.12%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 20.34%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 18.64%)
- Calcium (11 people, 18.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cardiomyopathy while taking Vitamin E?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Cardiomyopathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Using Flouoxitine For Depression And Prempro For Menopause. Not Taking Garcinia Cambogia Yet., and takes Prozac, Prempro, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, Biotin, Allegra Allergy)
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Swollen Lymph Nodes, and takes Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Coreg, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Fish Oil, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ergocalciferol)
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
- Could recent risedronate withdrawal after 20 yrs. regular use, be a cause of simultaneous severe lower back pain just from standing longer than 30 min.?.
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Osteopenia, Cardiomyopathy, Restless Leg Syndrome, and takes Risedronate Sodium, Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Temazepam)
5'6"-123# 10% body fat. Blood pressure low normal. Triathlons to my early 70's, when cardiomyopathy operation installed Pacemaker/defibulator. Very healthy eater. Excercised regularly, until foot bone break from fall Summer 2012. Still swim and some flex exercises, but no cartilege in left should ...
- Xarelto and dilantin side effects
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Cardiomyopathy, and takes Xarelto)
What side effects should I be looking for when taking xarelto and dilantin? I was told to take the xerelto at night and dilantin in the am. Will this time between have any effects one way or the other?
- Please can you help me identify why my skin has broken out since i stopped smoking?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Psoriasis, Celiac Disease - Sprue, and takes Indian Tumeric, Vitamin E)
I took Chantix for 9 days a day after quitting but stopped taking these. I was also on Limecycline for 2 weeks at the same time and stopped these at the same time as the chantix.
I had a rash on the top of my back, then on my face and neck which was difficult to see, but it felt like tiny little ...
More questions for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Cardiomyopathy, Cardiac Arrest, and takes Adderall Xr 20)
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
More reviews for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment, Itching, Abdominal Pain
Comments: Many years ago I took gemfibrizil and was sickened by it. Seven years ago I took Lipitor for 9 days and my kidneys shut down. Seven months ago I started Fenofibrate and now have suddenly been diagnosed with diabetes and gall stones. DID THE FENOFIBRATE CAUSE THE DIABETES AND GALL STONES?
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Dexilant, Losartan Potassium, Hydroxyzine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attack, Depression. The patient has Hives Rash Itching
Comments: I started on Bupropion, three weeks after I developed a severe rash. I stopped for two weeks, back on burpropion, two days after I started rash came back, very severe. I have liver disease in one month my enzymes went double. I don't know if that happened because of the rash or has nothing to due be ...
More related studies for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.