Home > Vitamin e > Cardiomyopathy > Vitamin e and Cardiomyopathy
Review: could Vitamin e cause Cardiomyopathy?
We study 16,311 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Cardiomyopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiomyopathy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy >>>
Vitamin e (latest outcomes from 16,497 users) has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in fibrocystic breast disease.
Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle) (latest reports from 74,743 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 16,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 59 people (0.36%) have Cardiomyopathy.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Cardiomyopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Age of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e * :
Severity of Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cardiomyopathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (8 people, 13.56%)
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 10.17%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 6.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 6.78%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 6.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (18 people, 30.51%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 27.12%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 20.34%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 18.64%)
- Calcium (11 people, 18.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cardiomyopathy while taking Vitamin E?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Cardiomyopathy
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Cardiomyopathy
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
- Could recent risedronate withdrawal after 20 yrs. regular use, be a cause of simultaneous severe lower back pain just from standing longer than 30 min.?.
5'6"-123# 10% body fat. Blood pressure low normal. Triathlons to my early 70's, when cardiomyopathy operation installed Pacemaker/defibulator. Very healthy eater. Excercised regularly, until foot bone break from fall Summer 2012. Still swim and some flex exercises, but no cartilege in left should ...
- Xarelto and dilantin side effects
What side effects should I be looking for when taking xarelto and dilantin? I was told to take the xerelto at night and dilantin in the am. Will this time between have any effects one way or the other?
- Please can you help me identify why my skin has broken out since i stopped smoking?
I took Chantix for 9 days a day after quitting but stopped taking these. I was also on Limecycline for 2 weeks at the same time and stopped these at the same time as the chantix.
I had a rash on the top of my back, then on my face and neck which was difficult to see, but it felt like tiny little ...
- If my farther had sudden death on lipitor am i more likely to also have sudden death on lipitor?
On seven HIV medications. If my father had sudden death, had had quad bypass, and angina. Was not having angina and dropped dead. Am i at more risk of sudden death, while on Lipitor? Also my grandfather died of heart attack, and my grandmother died of stroke. Having problems with new info. writing m ...
More questions for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
More reviews for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
On eHealthMe, Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols) is often used for fibrocystic breast disease. Find out below the conditions Vitamin E is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin E used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
Recent Vitamin e related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Magnesium Malate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ubiquinol for a 45-year old man who has Shoulder Pain
- Comparions of Arimidex, Vitamin E for a 66-year old woman who has Cancer - Breast
More related comparison studies for: Vitamin e, Cardiomyopathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (57 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (59 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma and Lewy Body Dementia
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Hot Flashes
- Wallenberg Syndrome
- Stomach Ulcer