Review: could Vitamin e cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 16,328 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 784 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Chest pain >>>
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin e 16,504 users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Chest pain 136,288 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 16,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 784 people (4.80%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||33.33%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Vitamin e * :
|Chest pain||63.13%||36.87% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Vitamin e * :
|Chest pain||0.14%||0.28%||0.00%||0.42%||1.94%||13.02%||22.58%||61.63% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 4.85%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 2.93%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (20 people, 2.55%)
- Diabetes mellitus (17 people, 2.17%)
- Vitamin supplementation (17 people, 2.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (252 people, 32.14%)
- Ascorbic acid (175 people, 22.32%)
- Lipitor (117 people, 14.92%)
- Multi-vitamin (101 people, 12.88%)
- Folic acid (92 people, 11.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Vitamin E?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
(Asked by a 17 year old boy who has Chest Pain, Aura, and takes Triamcinolone)
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- Can ranexa cause chest pain?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Ranexa)
I always have Chest pain a couple of hours after taking Ranexa. It scared me when I first started taking this drug, thinking I was having a heart attack, but realized that wasn't so. the pain is very severe and seems to go right through to my back I will last up to a half an hour.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Using Flouoxitine For Depression And Prempro For Menopause. Not Taking Garcinia Cambogia Yet., and takes Prozac, Prempro, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, Biotin, Allegra Allergy)
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
More questions for: Vitamin e, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
More reviews for: Vitamin e, Chest pain
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Ear Infection. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment, Itching, Abdominal Pain
Comments: Many years ago I took gemfibrizil and was sickened by it. Seven years ago I took Lipitor for 9 days and my kidneys shut down. Seven months ago I started Fenofibrate and now have suddenly been diagnosed with diabetes and gall stones. DID THE FENOFIBRATE CAUSE THE DIABETES AND GALL STONES?
More related studies for: Vitamin e, Chest pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.