Review: could Vitamin e cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 16,340 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 488 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Constipation >>>
Vitamin E has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 16,516 Vitamin E users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 16,340 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 488 people (2.99%) have Constipation.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Vitamin e * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Vitamin e * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 8.20%)
- Pain (19 people, 3.89%)
- Depression (14 people, 2.87%)
- Parkinson's disease (13 people, 2.66%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 2.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (136 people, 27.87%)
- Ascorbic acid (109 people, 22.34%)
- Multi-vitamin (72 people, 14.75%)
- Lipitor (61 people, 12.50%)
- Synthroid (54 people, 11.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Vitamin e and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Vitamin E?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 61-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
Recent Vitamin e related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Metoprolol Succinate for a 58-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Allegra, Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Magnesium Malate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ubiquinol for a 45-year old man who has Shoulder Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.