Home > Vitamin e > Constipation > Vitamin e and Constipation
Review: could Vitamin e cause Constipation?
We study 16,311 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 488 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Constipation >>>
Vitamin e (latest outcomes from 16,488 users) has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 16,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 488 people (2.99%) have Constipation.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Vitamin e * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Vitamin e * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 8.20%)
- Pain (19 people, 3.89%)
- Depression (14 people, 2.87%)
- Parkinson's disease (13 people, 2.66%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 2.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (136 people, 27.87%)
- Ascorbic acid (109 people, 22.34%)
- Multi-vitamin (72 people, 14.75%)
- Lipitor (61 people, 12.50%)
- Synthroid (54 people, 11.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Vitamin E?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
carole ann on Nov, 11, 2011:
I have had one treatment of alimta and carboplatin..I started the folic acid 7 days before and develped an occasional itch on top of head...now after being on it over two weeks the itch is unbearable..I believe it is the folic acid and am going to not take it today ... yesterday severe itch was less as I took it late..then hours after taking the folic acid it was severe again..please share info with me
From this study (4 years ago):
I am a very active 63 year old woman. Most of my friends marvel at my energy level. (at least, they did until two months ago) Had breast cancer in 2001 with mastectomy and chemo.
Developed chemo induced cardiomyopathy 7 years ago. Took beta blocker and ace inhibitor for a couple of years. E-F increased from 20 to 45%. Felt so good and didn't like the side-effects of emotional flatness and loss of libido (vaginal dryness) so stopped. Have felt really great until two months ago.
Cardiomyopathy has returned in 2010. E-F is 35%. Shortness of breath, tired, not able to walk my 3 miles a day. I am usually a very active person, but this has slowed me down again.
Am hoping that a return to the meds will help me boost my E-F back to 45%. Really don't like the side effects.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin e, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Vitamin e, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols) is often used for vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions Vitamin E is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin E used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (60 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage