Review: could Vitamin e cause Loose stools?
Summary: Loose stools is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 16,340 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Loose stools >>>
Vitamin E has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 16,519 Vitamin E users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,351 Loose stools patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 16,338 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e. Among them, 50 people (0.31%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Vitamin e when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loose stools when taking Vitamin e * :
|Loose stools||64.00%||36.00% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Vitamin e * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.52%||7.14%||83.33% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Vitamin e ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 16.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 8.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 6.00%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 4.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 24.00%)
- Prevacid (9 people, 18.00%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 18.00%)
- Multi-vitamin (8 people, 16.00%)
- Prilosec (8 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Vitamin E?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin e and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Vitamin e
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of drug interactions between Toprol-xl, Melatonin for a 54-year old woman with Tachycardia, Insomnia. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Lysine, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Fish Oil, Garlic, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Lipitor, Ambien, Celexa, Keppra for a 65-year old man with General Physical Condition, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleepy, Depression, Seizures. The patient has Seizure - Generalized
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Garlic, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 50-year old woman with Lumps In The Breasts, Health. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Bystolic for a 66-year old woman with Skin Tightness, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Vitamin e related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Metoprolol Succinate for a 58-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Allegra, Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Magnesium Malate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ubiquinol for a 45-year old man who has Shoulder Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.