Vitamin b12 and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vitamin D3, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Vitamin b12. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,497 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin b12 from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
33,497 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12.
Among them, 359 people (1.07%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Vitamin b12 *:
- female: 72.21 %
- male: 27.79 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Vitamin b12 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.37 %
- 20-29: 3.0 %
- 30-39: 4.49 %
- 40-49: 11.99 %
- 50-59: 22.1 %
- 60+: 58.05 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (36 people, 10.03%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (32 people, 8.91%)
- Pain (30 people, 8.36%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (30 people, 8.36%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (28 people, 7.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (75 people, 20.89%)
- Vitamin D (55 people, 15.32%)
- Vitamin C (39 people, 10.86%)
- Lyrica (39 people, 10.86%)
- Fish Oil (39 people, 10.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (74 people, 20.61%)
- Nausea (68 people, 18.94%)
- Diarrhea (68 people, 18.94%)
- Headache (66 people, 18.38%)
- Insomnia (60 people, 16.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Vitamin b12?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of cobalamin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Vitamin b12 from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 34,779 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin b12a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
My doctor says I need to take B12. I am Homozygous for the MTHFR gene. My doctor says I need to take B12 for Methylation process. I have tried to take tiny doses of it but when I do I feel my heart rate increase and I feel like I may pass out. This happens with a small does like maybe 50mcg. ...
User reviews to the study
hello, I am 61 years young, I have pretty high triglicerides, more than 400 , incredible. I was ordered to take a B12 vitamin test, and it came out FOUR times the maximum highest level !~! 4 years ago my triglicerides where high 150 but now 400 incredible. my good cholesterol is 16 !!! crazy ...
I quit taking ambien when I found out that was causing dry mouth, I thought melatonin is more natural and shouldn't have any side effects, Has anyone found a successful alternative or anything that helps with the dry mouth?