Vitamin c and Hangnail - from FDA reports
Hangnail is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin C. We study 23,656 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin c from FDA. Among them, 2 have Hangnail. Find out below who they are, when they have Hangnail and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
23,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Hangnail
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hangnail when taking Vitamin c *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Hangnail when taking Vitamin c *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriasis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Insomnia (1 person, 50.00%)
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (1 person, 50.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin E (2 people, 100.00%)
- Potassium (1 person, 50.00%)
- Multivitamin (1 person, 50.00%)
- Humira (1 person, 50.00%)
- Ativan (1 person, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sinusitis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Psoriasis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased (1 person, 50.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (1 person, 50.00%)
- Cellulitis (1 person, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hangnail when taking Vitamin c?
- Check symptoms - is hangnail caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHangnail and drugs with ingredients of l-ascorbic acid.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHangnail and Vitamin c from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin c has active ingredients of l-ascorbic acid. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin c 24,864 users)
Hangnail (torn piece of skin next to a fingernail) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthropathy, crohn's disease, psoriasis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 86 Hangnail patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HangnailHangnail
Could your condition cause HangnailHangnail
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for RA for 8 weeks without any side effects, but then started taking omeprazole along side this, after taking omeprazole for a few days I have been having severe shoulder pain that goes down my biceps when I move my arm. Far worse at night. I stopped ...
Hi , My husband has been suffering these days from swollen lymph nodes in the right side of the neck, sold and no pain. The specialist decided to have a biopsy done next week. He never had any side effects since diagnoses Aug 2013, and since that he is on Sprycel-Dasatanib 100 mg, ...
User reviews to the study
Hi, how many are you? What is your experience? What kind of symptoms did you get from taking both pills together and why and how you did connect them to Pradaxa and not to something else? AND why there is not 1 bit of confirmation of this fact in any part of the internet? Please, if you ...
I am a female in my 60's and grew up using and loving Vitamin C but about 7 years ago I experienced slight bowel bleeding with ascorbic acid and a few other forms of supplemental vitamin C. I finally gave up trying to find a better form for my system and have avoided taking alone since. I have had