Vitamin c and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Vitamin c, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Vitamin D, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Vitamin c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,656 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin c from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
23,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin c.
Among them, 682 people (2.88%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vitamin c when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Vitamin c *:
- female: 74.48 %
- male: 25.52 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Vitamin c *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.38 %
- 10-19: 0.77 %
- 20-29: 1.53 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 9.2 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 61.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (63 people, 9.24%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (54 people, 7.92%)
- High Blood Pressure (50 people, 7.33%)
- Multiple Myeloma (36 people, 5.28%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (33 people, 4.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (192 people, 28.15%)
- Calcium (129 people, 18.91%)
- Vitamin B12 (120 people, 17.60%)
- Vitamin E (110 people, 16.13%)
- Fish Oil (108 people, 15.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (234 people, 34.31%)
- Fatigue (124 people, 18.18%)
- Nausea (94 people, 13.78%)
- Diarrhea (80 people, 11.73%)
- Headache (73 people, 10.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Vitamin c?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of l-ascorbic acid.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Vitamin c from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin c has active ingredients of l-ascorbic acid. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin c 24,864 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 165,432 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
Hi, how many are you? What is your experience? What kind of symptoms did you get from taking both pills together and why and how you did connect them to Pradaxa and not to something else? AND why there is not 1 bit of confirmation of this fact in any part of the internet? Please, if you ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.