Vitamin d and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Vitamin d. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 63,053 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin d from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
63,053 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d.
Among them, 111 people (0.18%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vitamin d when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Vitamin d *:
- female: 63.89 %
- male: 36.11 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Vitamin d *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.32 %
- 10-19: 1.32 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.32 %
- 40-49: 2.63 %
- 50-59: 22.37 %
- 60+: 71.05 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (29 people, 26.13%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (15 people, 13.51%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (12 people, 10.81%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (12 people, 10.81%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 8.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (15 people, 13.51%)
- Calcium (14 people, 12.61%)
- Vitamin B12 (12 people, 10.81%)
- Humira (12 people, 10.81%)
- Amlodipine (12 people, 10.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (20 people, 18.02%)
- Breathing Difficulty (16 people, 14.41%)
- Weight Decreased (15 people, 13.51%)
- Drug Ineffective (15 people, 13.51%)
- Diarrhea (13 people, 11.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout when taking Vitamin d?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of ergocalciferol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Vitamin d from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from Vitamin d 68,413 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gout, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin da b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I see I may be the first to post anything on your sight. I hope you're successful with this because I would like very much to learn more about hogberry. A gentleman named Gary Scott writes articles about healthy things and he mentioned hogberry tea for getting rid of fat cells. I can't find ...
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...