Vitamin e and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Rezulin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Jaundice with Vitamin e. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,185 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin e from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
25,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e.
Among them, 131 people (0.52%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Vitamin e *:
- female: 48.03 %
- male: 51.97 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Vitamin e *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.84 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.52 %
- 40-49: 10.08 %
- 50-59: 16.81 %
- 60+: 69.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 10.69%)
- Sinusitis (6 people, 4.58%)
- Sinusitis - Chronic (3 people, 2.29%)
- Joint Pain (3 people, 2.29%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 2.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Rezulin (25 people, 19.08%)
- Synthroid (20 people, 15.27%)
- Ketek (19 people, 14.50%)
- Calcium (19 people, 14.50%)
- Premarin (18 people, 13.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Bilirubin Increased (51 people, 38.93%)
- Fatigue (43 people, 32.82%)
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal (37 people, 28.24%)
- Ascites (33 people, 25.19%)
- Nausea (32 people, 24.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Jaundice when taking Vitamin e?
- Check symptoms - is jaundice caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJaundice and drugs with ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJaundice and Vitamin e from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin e 25,700 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, preventive health care (latest reports from 21,959 Jaundice patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...
I am recovering from jaundice My bilirubin level is 1.2 . Doctor said it is normal . It's been 28 days from where my jaundice started . I recovered in a short period of time . I guess so . My question is can i smoke 1 or 2 sticks of hashish or marijuana a day . It will really help me if i ...