Vitamin e and Loose stools - from FDA reports
Loose stools is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Prevacid, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Loose stools with Vitamin e. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,185 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin e from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
25,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e.
Among them, 49 people (0.19%) have Loose stools
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Loose stools when taking Vitamin e *:
- female: 64.58 %
- male: 35.42 %
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Vitamin e *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10.0 %
- 50-59: 7.5 %
- 60+: 82.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 16.33%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (3 people, 6.12%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 6.12%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 4.08%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 4.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prevacid (9 people, 18.37%)
- Prilosec (8 people, 16.33%)
- Forteo (8 people, 16.33%)
- Coumadin (8 people, 16.33%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 14.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (9 people, 18.37%)
- Fatigue (9 people, 18.37%)
- Diarrhea (9 people, 18.37%)
- Abdominal Distension (9 people, 18.37%)
- Cough (8 people, 16.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Loose stools when taking Vitamin e?
- Check symptoms - is loose stools caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLoose stools and drugs with ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLoose stools and Vitamin e from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin e 25,700 users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, depression, irritable bowel syndrome (latest reports from 2,389 Loose stools patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Loose stoolsLoose stools
Could your condition cause Loose stoolsLoose stools
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have used Bupropion for 4.5 years. This week my psych and I agreed to raise dose from 150 mg to 300 mg. Three days later I have loose bowel. Have others had this experience? Is this likely temporary?
Greetings. Trying to find benefit of taking lisinopril while dealing with side effect of loose stools. Turned 60 this year , fairly active. But had on overnight stay in hospital for AFib about 6 weeks ago. On blood thinner till September then off if no reoccurrence of the AFib. But the ...
Help! I can't leave the house in the morning for fear I will not get to the bathroom quick enough. The antidepressant I was on for 30 years, the insurance refused to pay. Prozac was the second one tried after Zoloft. Zoloft caused terrible sweating.