Review: could Vitamins cause Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction)?
Summary: Choking is found among people who take Vitamins, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Multi-vitamins, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 38,367 people who have side effects while taking Vitamins from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Choking. Find out below who they are, when they have Choking and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamins and have Choking >>>
Vitamins has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamins 38,510 users)
Choking (mechanical obstruction of the flow of air from the environment into the lungs) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease.(latest reports from Choking 5,270 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 38,363 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamins. Among them, 92 people (0.24%) have Choking.
Time on Vitamins when people have Choking * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Choking when taking Vitamins * :
Severity of Choking when taking Vitamins ** :
How people recovered from Choking ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 8.70%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (8 people, 8.70%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 7.61%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 5.43%)
- Weight control (5 people, 5.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamins (45 people, 48.91%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 25.00%)
- Calcium (14 people, 15.22%)
- Fosamax (12 people, 13.04%)
- Lisinopril (10 people, 10.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Choking while taking Vitamins?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamins and have Choking
- support group for people who take Vitamins
- support group for people who have Choking
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Why isnt the sodium content listed in centrum silver?...most of the ingredients contain sodium.!, my blood pressure went up when i started taking these, after about 10 days. (2 answers)
Sodium is a very important component.....it must be very high or they would list it!!
- Could pharmaton cause massive loss of weight? (1 answer)
Pharmaton destroyed my life. My body is addicted to it. I can't stop it. And if do stop it, I will be experiencing a massive loss weight which I can't control.
Twice within this year I did a general blood test plus urine test and the results were all fine. My doctor told me that everything was ok with me and I can't figure out how is this happening to me.
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem (2 answers)
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I drink whiskey I don't urinate much in evening but have to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate.amlodipine,ramipril,atenolol are for blood pressure.
rosuvastatin for cholesterol,methocarbonal for sore back,pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are for sinus headaches caused from smoking cigarettes.
so anybody out there think dexilant might be causing my urinating during the night problem ?
plus when I do go during the night I don't seem to completely empty my bladder!
any ideas ?
More questions for: Vitamins, Choking
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Down syndrome son put on high dose of vitamen d and z-pak reactions below
every time i give my son his dose once a week he flipped into a seizure...and has diarrhea for three days accompanied by a yeast rash i told his GI and they disregard it so i took him off that high dose and went to the recommended dose of 2000iu from the institute of medicine so far so good. he was give the z-pak has bad diarrhea, not drinking very much for two days swollen hands and fingers beat red in color called doctor said he having reaction keep watch on him.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I started choking and vomited. I had to "suck" air into my lungs for a few minutes, while also trying to "clear" my throat, which caused my to vomit again. I felt as if I were choking on my own spit. It was scary, and I will never take Prevacid 24hr again. I think I'll stick to Tums.
More reviews for: Vitamins, Choking
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In February 2014, I broke my left distal fibula cleanly so did not require surgery. Now 10 months in and bone still is not fully healed. My Orthopeadic doctor asked if I have osteoporosis. I have no history of osteoporosis personally nor within my family history. Am seriously concerned that my m ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- Took me several years to figure out the connection here, because I have been on this medication steadily for so long. Also, I can't necessarily say that I experienced bleeding the entire time, but there were times during bleeding that I ran out of Flonase, and the bleeding stopped almost immediatel ...
More related studies for: Vitamins, Choking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.