Review: could Vitamins cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Vitamins, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Multi-vitamins, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 38,367 people who have side effects while taking Vitamins from FDA and social media. Among them, 477 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamins and have Dry mouth >>>
Vitamins has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamins 38,510 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 38,363 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamins. Among them, 477 people (1.24%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Vitamins when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Vitamins * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.47%||1.42%||4.96%||10.40%||27.19%||55.56% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Vitamins ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (61 people, 12.79%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 8.81%)
- Osteopenia (40 people, 8.39%)
- Pain (23 people, 4.82%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (23 people, 4.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamins (261 people, 54.72%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 16.77%)
- Calcium (78 people, 16.35%)
- Fosamax (65 people, 13.63%)
- Fish oil (56 people, 11.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Vitamins?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamins and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Vitamins
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Vitamins, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Down syndrome son put on high dose of vitamen d and z-pak reactions below
every time i give my son his dose once a week he flipped into a seizure...and has diarrhea for three days accompanied by a yeast rash i told his GI and they disregard it so i took him off that high dose and went to the recommended dose of 2000iu from the institute of medicine so far so good. he was give the z-pak has bad diarrhea, not drinking very much for two days swollen hands and fingers beat red in color called doctor said he having reaction keep watch on him.
More reviews for: Vitamins, Dry mouth
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In February 2014, I broke my left distal fibula cleanly so did not require surgery. Now 10 months in and bone still is not fully healed. My Orthopeadic doctor asked if I have osteoporosis. I have no history of osteoporosis personally nor within my family history. Am seriously concerned that my m ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
More related studies for: Vitamins, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.