Review: could Vitamins cause Polycythemia vera?
Summary: Polycythemia vera is found among people who take Vitamins, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Teveten, and have High blood pressure.
We study 38,374 people who have side effects while taking Vitamins from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Polycythemia vera. Find out below who they are, when they have Polycythemia vera and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamins and have Polycythemia vera >>>
Vitamins has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 38,518 Vitamins users)
Polycythemia vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 622 Polycythemia vera patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 38,374 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamins. Among them, 17 people (0.04%) have Polycythemia Vera.
Time on Vitamins when people have Polycythemia vera * :
Age of people who have Polycythemia vera when taking Vitamins * :
|Polycythemia vera||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Polycythemia vera when taking Vitamins ** :
How people recovered from Polycythemia vera ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (17 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (16 people, 94.12%)
- Emphysema (16 people, 94.12%)
- Pain management (16 people, 94.12%)
- Pain (16 people, 94.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Teveten (16 people, 94.12%)
- Oxygen therapy (16 people, 94.12%)
- Lopressor (16 people, 94.12%)
- Questran (16 people, 94.12%)
- Vioxx (16 people, 94.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamins and polycythemia vera on
Do you have Polycythemia Vera while taking Vitamins?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamins and have Polycythemia Vera
- support group for people who take Vitamins
- support group for people who have Polycythemia Vera
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamins, Crestor, Exforge for a 68-year old man with Vitamin B1 Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Clonazepam for a 60-year old man with Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
Recent Vitamins related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.