Home > Voltaren > Constipation > Voltaren and Constipation
Review: could Voltaren cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Voltaren, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fosamax, and have Arthritis.
We study 19,608 people who have side effects while taking Voltaren from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Voltaren and have Constipation >>>
Voltaren (latest outcomes from 20,079 users) has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is often used in arthritis.
Constipation (latest reports from 80,049 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 19,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Voltaren. Among them, 274 people (1.40%) have Constipation.
Time on Voltaren when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Voltaren * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Voltaren * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Voltaren ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (91 people, 33.21%)
- Pain (44 people, 16.06%)
- Depression (30 people, 10.95%)
- Prophylaxis (24 people, 8.76%)
- Cancer pain (23 people, 8.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (31 people, 11.31%)
- Lasix (31 people, 11.31%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 9.12%)
- Adalat (25 people, 9.12%)
- Claritin (23 people, 8.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Voltaren?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Voltaren and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Voltaren
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Lots Of Inflamation In Left Knee, Anxiety Disorder, and takes Diclofenac Sodium, Librium)
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs together at the same time , or just take them times apart in the same day. Or don't take them together at all?
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Mupirocin)
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
More questions for: Voltaren, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Memory loss (blockade)
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Sudden Memory Loss (memory Blockage))
I was on a very long and unpleasant car trip (driving 900km from A to B), that started with 6 hours long border crossing, that involved occasional pushing of a heavy car in order to spare fuel. After that, another 8 hours of driving. I developed a spasm in the area of my low back pain.
When we a ...
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Rash, and takes Zorvolex)
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Voltaren, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium Iv, Carafate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Esophagitis. The patient has Constipation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: The symptoms listed above are from taking the carafate only. I have been on this for a week now taking it 3 times a day an hour before a meal at the same time daily. I feel bloated, constipated and am having a very hard stool then to diarrhea and it burns, I also feel as if gas is stuck in my abdome ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
More related studies for: Voltaren, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.