Home > Vyvanse > Cocaine abuse > Vyvanse and Cocaine abuse
Review: could Vyvanse cause Cocaine abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Cocaine abuse is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zoloft, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 5,584 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Cocaine abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Cocaine abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Cocaine abuse >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,800 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Cocaine abuse (cocaine dependence) (latest reports from 45,692 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 32 people (0.58%) have Cocaine Abuse.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Cocaine abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse * :
|Cocaine abuse||46.88%||53.12% |
Age of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse * :
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||0.00%||52.00%||12.00%||32.00%||0.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cocaine abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cocaine abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (14 people, 43.75%)
- Depression (5 people, 15.62%)
- Drug abuse (5 people, 15.62%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 3.12%)
- Alcohol use (1 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (5 people, 15.62%)
- Coricidin (5 people, 15.62%)
- Remeron (4 people, 12.50%)
- Trileptal (4 people, 12.50%)
- Celexa (3 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cocaine Abuse while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Cocaine Abuse
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Cocaine Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- Is the water clear or cloudy when you dissolve vyvanse and is there a way to tell if the powder in the capsule is real
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has I Don't Feel The Way I Normally Do On Vyvanse, And When I Dissolve The Powder In Water It Is Cloudy And Not Clear, and takes Vyvanse)
When I have dissolved my 70 mg vyvanse in water it is usually clear but now it is cloudy. which should it be cloudy or clear. I feel like someone is changing the powder in my capsules. Is there a way to tell if its the real powder in the capsule.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Wired , Exhausted , and takes Ritalin, Vyvanse )
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
More questions for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Vyvanse for aspergers / autism and adhd working well
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Social Problem, Impulsive Behaviour, ADHD, Asperger's Disorder, and takes Vyvanse)
Glad our child's condition was properly diagnosed and now is treated with this medication. Had to go to a team of experts to get the right diagnosis of Aspergers with ADHD, impulsive type. I'm sharing this in hopes some others will be consider a medication that can possibly help.
- High triglyceride reading
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has High Triglyceride And Cholesterol Readings, and takes Vyvanse)
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Aggression Aggravated, Paranoid Personality Disorder
Comments: I have not always been as paranoid as I am now and I am definitely more aggravated, but mainly when it comes to things I cannot control. This level of need for control is very unusual for me.
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Plaquenil, Cymbalta, Vyvanse, Xyrem for a patient with Skin Infection, Birth Control, Connective Tissue Disorder, Ocd, Adhd, Hypersomnia. The patient has Hyperandrogenism
Comments: Very sudden onset - 1-2 days. Massive reduction in breast size (ddd to b cup), severe brain fog, oily skin, missed periods. Effects gradually lessened over 8 weeks.
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Urine S.g., Breath Odor, Extreme Fatique, Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I get short of breath lately. I have a mitral valve condition. Is vyvanse making t his worse.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.