Review: could Vyvanse cause Cocaine abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Cocaine abuse is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zoloft, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 5,609 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Cocaine abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Cocaine abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Cocaine abuse >>>
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Vyvanse 7,831 users)
Cocaine abuse (cocaine dependence) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Cocaine abuse 10,396 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 5,584 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 32 people (0.57%) have Cocaine Abuse.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Cocaine abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse * :
|Cocaine abuse||46.88%||53.12% |
Age of people who have Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse * :
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||0.00%||52.00%||12.00%||32.00%||0.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cocaine abuse when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cocaine abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cocaine abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cocaine abuse||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (14 people, 43.75%)
- Depression (5 people, 15.62%)
- Drug abuse (5 people, 15.62%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 3.12%)
- Alcohol use (1 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (5 people, 15.62%)
- Coricidin (5 people, 15.62%)
- Remeron (4 people, 12.50%)
- Trileptal (4 people, 12.50%)
- Celexa (3 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cocaine Abuse while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Cocaine Abuse
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Cocaine Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Vyvanse for aspergers / autism and adhd working well
Glad our child's condition was properly diagnosed and now is treated with this medication. Had to go to a team of experts to get the right diagnosis of Aspergers with ADHD, impulsive type. I'm sharing this in hopes some others will be consider a medication that can possibly help.
- High triglyceride reading
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- My biology lecture just finished and I stood up and I had a sharp pain in the bottom right part of my abdomen. I paused from moving for a couple of minutes, it went away, and then about 20 minutes later it happened again. I tried to sit down but it hurt even more.
More related studies for: Vyvanse, Cocaine abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.