Review: could Vyvanse cause Depression?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 18, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 5,233 people who take Vyvanse. Among them, 167 have Depression. See who they are, when they have Depression and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,565 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression. Commonly reported side effects of Vyvanse include insomnia, insomnia exacerbated, fatigue, headache, aggression aggravated.
Depression (latest reports from 1,116,441 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 5,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 167 people (3.29%) have Depression.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Vyvanse * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Vyvanse * :
Severity of Depression when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (127 people, 76.05%)
- Depression (57 people, 34.13%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 10.78%)
- Insomnia (15 people, 8.98%)
- Adhd (15 people, 8.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (22 people, 13.17%)
- Lexapro (21 people, 12.57%)
- Cymbalta (18 people, 10.78%)
- Lamictal (16 people, 9.58%)
- Concerta (14 people, 8.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vyvanse, Depression
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Vyvanse is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vyvanse used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vyvanse side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vyvanse drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Started with flu-like symptoms 2.5 years ago and has progressed to exhaustion, fatigue. muscles feel like I have ran a marithon to walk minimal distance (like from couch to bathroom--arms and legs, falling asleep driving-even while talking on phone. Cannot concentrate to get work done. Feel ill. Altered time perception-used to be early for everything, now late. Hurt all over still in my joints. started hands and feet, then moved to hips, then all joints. seems to move at times from hands and feet to hips. if weather is bad--i hurt worse.
From this study (6 months ago):
I feel socially awkward and have low self esteem. I am unable to connect with other people. This was brought about the same time I started taking Vyvanse and Ritalin. I have been diagnosed with and treated for depression in the past.
From this study (11 months ago):
It almost feels like I have symptoms of MS or am having seizures (but not grand mal).I've been to the ER,Doctor,Neurologist, and have had every test imaginable and everything is negative
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vyvanse, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- High triglyceride reading
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Depression
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Depression, Crying, Tremor, Gait Abnormal Nos, Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Nausea, Difficulty Falling Asleep (Insomnia), Balance Impaired Nos, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Numbness And Tingling, Confusion, Headache, Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction), Heart Rate Irregular, Postural Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Ritalin, Vyvanse for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression, Social Fear, Social Avoidant Behaviour
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Lamictal, Seroquel for a patient with Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Loss Of Balance (Dizziness), Tremor, Headache, Muscle Twitching, Vision Problems, Heavyness In Legs, Depression, Fatigue, Loss Of Memory (Memory loss), Out Of It, Stress Symptoms, Numbness And Tingling
More related studies for: Vyvanse, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.