Review: could Vyvanse cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 5,672 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Low blood sugar >>>
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 7,893 Vyvanse users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,736 Low blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 5,663 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 6 people (0.11%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse * :
|Low blood sugar||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 50.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fungal infection (1 people, 16.67%)
- Dermatitis allergic (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pain management (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nasonex (1 people, 16.67%)
- Ziprasidone hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 16.67%)
- Marijuana (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vyvanse and low blood sugar on
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Lamictal, Vyvanse for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Add. The patient has Underbite
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 35-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hypoglycaemia
Recent Vyvanse related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Provigil, Vyvanse for a 44-year old woman who has Fatigue - Chronic
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Helianthemum Nummularium, Vyvanse for a 43-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Strattera, Vyvanse, Concerta for a 15-year old boy who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.