Home > Vyvanse > Low blood sugar > Vyvanse and Low blood sugar
Review: could Vyvanse cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 5,584 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Low blood sugar >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,800 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) (latest reports from 20,559 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,584 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 6 people (0.11%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse * :
|Low blood sugar||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 50.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fungal infection (1 people, 16.67%)
- Dermatitis allergic (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pain management (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nasonex (1 people, 16.67%)
- Ziprasidone hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 16.67%)
- Marijuana (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Is the water clear or cloudy when you dissolve vyvanse and is there a way to tell if the powder in the capsule is real
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has I Don't Feel The Way I Normally Do On Vyvanse, And When I Dissolve The Powder In Water It Is Cloudy And Not Clear, and takes Vyvanse)
When I have dissolved my 70 mg vyvanse in water it is usually clear but now it is cloudy. which should it be cloudy or clear. I feel like someone is changing the powder in my capsules. Is there a way to tell if its the real powder in the capsule.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Wired , Exhausted , and takes Ritalin, Vyvanse )
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- Has any pt that is carrier of hep b virus encountered mania and had to use a stabilizer like depakot ofr lamictal or lithium.? i'm researching if incident of hepatotoxicity might occur. comments?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Possible Bipolar/mania, Hep B Carrier, ADHD, and takes Depakote, Vyvanse, Clonidine)
Adopted Daughter born Hep B carrier, no symptoms. ADHD since 8 yrs old. at 15 yrs, recent signs of mania or biploar. started on depakote but concern for hepatotoxicity and weight gain.
Would very much appreciate feedback from persons with direct experiences.
More questions for: Vyvanse, Low blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Vyvanse for aspergers / autism and adhd working well
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Social Problem, Impulsive Behaviour, ADHD, Asperger's Disorder, and takes Vyvanse)
Glad our child's condition was properly diagnosed and now is treated with this medication. Had to go to a team of experts to get the right diagnosis of Aspergers with ADHD, impulsive type. I'm sharing this in hopes some others will be consider a medication that can possibly help.
- High triglyceride reading
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has High Triglyceride And Cholesterol Readings, and takes Vyvanse)
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Low blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Vyvanse for a patient with Stress, Adhd. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: My biology lecture just finished and I stood up and I had a sharp pain in the bottom right part of my abdomen. I paused from moving for a couple of minutes, it went away, and then about 20 minutes later it happened again. I tried to sit down but it hurt even more.
More related studies for: Vyvanse, Low blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.