Review: could Vyvanse cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pristiq, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 5,672 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Palpitations >>>
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 7,893 Vyvanse users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,253 Palpitations patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 5,663 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 89 people (1.57%) have Palpitations.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (60 people, 67.42%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 10.11%)
- Adhd (8 people, 8.99%)
- Add (5 people, 5.62%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (3 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pristiq (8 people, 8.99%)
- Trazodone hcl (5 people, 5.62%)
- Adderall 5 (4 people, 4.49%)
- Klonopin (4 people, 4.49%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 4.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vyvanse and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 11-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Lamictal, Vyvanse for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Add. The patient has Underbite
Recent Vyvanse related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Provigil, Vyvanse for a 44-year old woman who has Fatigue - Chronic
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Helianthemum Nummularium, Vyvanse for a 43-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Strattera, Vyvanse, Concerta for a 15-year old boy who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.