Review: could Vyvanse cause Palpitations?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 1.9/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 5,233 people who take Vyvanse. Among them, 82 have Palpitations. See who they are, when they have Palpitations and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,565 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression. Commonly reported side effects of Vyvanse include insomnia, insomnia exacerbated, fatigue, headache, aggression aggravated.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 305,404 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 25, 2014: 5,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 83 people (1.64%) have Palpitations.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (59 people, 71.08%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 10.84%)
- Add (5 people, 6.02%)
- Adhd (4 people, 4.82%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (3 people, 3.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pristiq (8 people, 9.64%)
- Trazodone hcl (5 people, 6.02%)
- Klonopin (4 people, 4.82%)
- Adderall 5 (4 people, 4.82%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 4.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vyvanse, Palpitations
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Vyvanse is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vyvanse used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vyvanse side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vyvanse drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
Skelaxin - 1 pill 3x's a day - auto related back injury
Percocet - 1.5 pills 1-2x's a day - auto related back injury
Vyvanse - 1 pill 1-2x's a day - ADHD
Clonazepam - 1 pill 1-2x's a day - Anxiety
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vyvanse, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- High triglyceride reading
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Palpitations
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Xanax, Vyvanse for a patient with Anemia, Insomnia, Add. The patient has Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Reye's Syndrome, Heart Palpitations, Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Skelaxin, Vyvanse, Percocet, Clonazepam for a patient with Muscle Injury, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (Hyperhidrosis), Occipital Neuralgia, Agitation, Impaired Memory (Memory loss), Dry Mouth, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Insomnia, Irritability, Restlessness (Agitation), Panic Reaction, Drowsiness, Constipation, Hot Flashes, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Thirst, Chills, Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Hearing Impairment Aggravated, Hallucination, Auditory
More related studies for: Vyvanse, Palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.