Vyvanse and Palpitations - from FDA reports
Palpitations is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xyrem, and have Cataplexy. This review analyzes which people have Palpitations with Vyvanse. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,367 people who have side effects when taking Vyvanse from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 19, 2017
11,367 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse.
Among them, 169 people (1.49%) have Palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vyvanse when people have Palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 72.88 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.08 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.39 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 1.69 %
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse *:
- female: 59.38 %
- male: 40.62 %
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 16.0 %
- 10-19: 25.6 %
- 20-29: 14.4 %
- 30-39: 20.0 %
- 40-49: 15.2 %
- 50-59: 5.6 %
- 60+: 3.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cataplexy (11 people, 6.51%)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (5 people, 2.96%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 1.78%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 1.18%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 1.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem (22 people, 13.02%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 5.33%)
- Cymbalta (9 people, 5.33%)
- Adderall (9 people, 5.33%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 4.73%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (29 people, 17.16%)
- Dizziness (29 people, 17.16%)
- Arrhythmias (23 people, 13.61%)
- Chest Pain (22 people, 13.02%)
- Breathing Difficulty (22 people, 13.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations when taking Vyvanse?
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Vyvanse 15,871 users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 79,351 Palpitations patients).