Home > Vyvanse > Tic > Vyvanse and Tic
Review: could Vyvanse cause Tic?
We study 5,559 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Tic. Find out below who they are, when they have Tic and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Tic >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,751 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups) (latest reports from 11,075 patients) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, asthma.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 5,526 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 146 people (2.64%) have Tic.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Tic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tic when taking Vyvanse * :
Age of people who have Tic when taking Vyvanse * :
Severity of Tic when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (124 people, 84.93%)
- Aggression (8 people, 5.48%)
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 2.05%)
- Enuresis (3 people, 2.05%)
- Major depression (3 people, 2.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (14 people, 9.59%)
- Abilify (10 people, 6.85%)
- Risperdal (10 people, 6.85%)
- Strattera (8 people, 5.48%)
- Celexa (8 people, 5.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tic while taking Vyvanse?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Tic
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Tic
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 hours ago):
In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. I am not employed, I receive alimony, my house is paid off but behind in property taxes. I am enrolled in online college (since 2012-straight A's), just transferred after AA in Psychology in July 2014 to GCU for BA. in teaching. Grades remain "A's".
Today (Oct. 13, 2014) I am 109.6 lbs. despite consistent food consumption through out day.
From this study (6 days ago):
I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. Please help me.
From this study (6 days ago):
Resting heart rate is virtually always over 100. Exercise bike machine put my heart rate up to 204. My heart rate started at 160. I have a bit of abdominal obesity. I don't exercise. My heart rate never goes past 130 when I'm not doing physical activity.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vyvanse, Tic
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Vyvanse for aspergers / autism and adhd working well
Glad our child's condition was properly diagnosed and now is treated with this medication. Had to go to a team of experts to get the right diagnosis of Aspergers with ADHD, impulsive type. I'm sharing this in hopes some others will be consider a medication that can possibly help.
- High triglyceride reading
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Tic
On eHealthMe, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Vyvanse is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vyvanse used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Chlamydial Infection Nos
- Intestinal Adenocarcinoma