Review: could Vyvanse cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 5,672 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 7,893 Vyvanse users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,229 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 5,663 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 15 people (0.26%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||18.75%||18.75%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (12 people, 80.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 26.67%)
- Major depression (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lymphadenopathy (1 people, 6.67%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (4 people, 26.67%)
- Trazodone (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 20.00%)
- Effexor xr (3 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vyvanse and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Lamictal, Vyvanse for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Add. The patient has Underbite
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Pantoprazole, Vyvanse, Divalproex, Escitalopram for a 30-year old woman with Birth Control, Ibs, Adhd, Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Lactation Disorder
Recent Vyvanse related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Provigil, Vyvanse for a 44-year old woman who has Fatigue - Chronic
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Helianthemum Nummularium, Vyvanse for a 43-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Strattera, Vyvanse, Concerta for a 15-year old boy who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.