Home > Vyvanse > Withdrawal syndrome > Vyvanse and Withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Vyvanse cause Withdrawal syndrome?
We study 5,559 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,777 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) (latest reports from 56,852 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse. Among them, 15 people (0.27%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Vyvanse when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||18.75%||18.75%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vyvanse ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (12 people, 80.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 26.67%)
- Major depression (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lymphadenopathy (1 people, 6.67%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (4 people, 26.67%)
- Trazodone (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 20.00%)
- Effexor xr (3 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Vyvanse?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Vyvanse
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the water clear or cloudy when you dissolve vyvanse and is there a way to tell if the powder in the capsule is real
When I have dissolved my 70 mg vyvanse in water it is usually clear but now it is cloudy. which should it be cloudy or clear. I feel like someone is changing the powder in my capsules. Is there a way to tell if its the real powder in the capsule.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
- Has any pt that is carrier of hep b virus encountered mania and had to use a stabilizer like depakot ofr lamictal or lithium.? i'm researching if incident of hepatotoxicity might occur. comments?
Adopted Daughter born Hep B carrier, no symptoms. ADHD since 8 yrs old. at 15 yrs, recent signs of mania or biploar. started on depakote but concern for hepatotoxicity and weight gain.
Would very much appreciate feedback from persons with direct experiences.
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
- How does one recover from cystic acne caused by vyvanse?
My 19 year has been on vyvansefor 1.5 years, about 6 months ago she developed severe, severe cystic acne. We have tried everything, including getting on birth control, antibiotics etc..
We are looking at trying acutane as last resort. Is the acne caused by vyvanse.?How do we find out?
Would adder ...
- I am trying to decide cold turkey or what type of medication will help with withdrawal from fioricet
I have insomnia, violent culvusions and vomiting. Insomnia has lasted 3 days. Body jerks, anxiety and more. What can I do at home to relieve some of these
- Can nuvigil cause swollen lymph nodes?
Started taking nuvigil about 2 weeks ago. Woke up yesterday morning and my lymph nodes on the back of my head on left side are swollen and very tender. Any relation to te new medicine?
- Can vyvanse show positive for meth amphetamine on urine drug test
I want to know if there is a component of Vyvanse that will show as Methamphetamine on a lab urine test.
- Can vyvanse cause embolisms
my 37 daughter had a pulmonary embolism 4 days ago. She has been on vyvanse for about 6 weeks. She has been irritable and not herself for several weeks now. They now have her on coumadin and I don't know how that will interact with the vyvanse. Has anyone else experienced embolisms while on vyva ...
- Can stimulants(like vyvanse) shorten the effectiveness of pain meds(like methadone)
I've been taking Methadone for my pain for years now. I've also taken an ADHD immediate release stimulant for many years (that I took only when I needed it) But just a few months ago I was switched to an extended release stimulant. And it seems like the pain medicine is losing its effectiveness in a ...
More questions for: Vyvanse, Withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Vyvanse for aspergers / autism and adhd working well
Glad our child's condition was properly diagnosed and now is treated with this medication. Had to go to a team of experts to get the right diagnosis of Aspergers with ADHD, impulsive type. I'm sharing this in hopes some others will be consider a medication that can possibly help.
- High triglyceride reading
After 6 months of taking vyvanse my triglyceride levels went from 97 to 415.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
More reviews for: Vyvanse, Withdrawal syndrome
On eHealthMe, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Vyvanse is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vyvanse used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Vyvanse, Withdrawal syndrome
Recent Vyvanse related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Vyvanse, Adderall Xr 20 for a 35-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Modafinil, Desoxyn, Vyvanse, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a 28-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Adderall for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Provigil, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall for a 38-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Subutex, Clonazepam, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 36-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Vyvanse
- Comparions of Ritalin, Adderall, Strattera, Vyvanse, Daytrana for a 12-year old boy who has ADD
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Adderall Xr 30, Vyvanse for a 52-year old man who has ADD
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Concerta, Strattera, Adderall Xr 25 for a 35-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Adderall 10, Vyvanse for a 51-year old man who has ADD
More related comparison studies for: Vyvanse, Withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
- Ringing In The Ears and Ribavirin
- Gerd and Stomach Discomfort
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ketoprofen Overdose
- Nicotine Poisoning
- Labetalol Hydrochloride